Some lots have been fixed with a ‘reserve price’. This is a hidden minimum price which a seller is willing to let their lot go for, set in consultation with the expert. Reserve prices may only be set for lots with an expected revenue of at least €200. If a reserve price has not been met once the auction ends, that particular lot will not be auctioned off.
Articles in this section
- What is the 'Expert's estimate'?
- I’ve been notified that I can purchase a lot even though my last bid was below the reserve price. Why is this?
- What happens if an automatic bid is placed on a lot with a reserve price?
- I'd like to place a bid on an item with a reserve price (RP) and would like to know what the minimum is.
- What is an automatic bid and how does it work?
- Why do some lots start bidding from an amount higher than €1?
- I'd like to place a bid on a lot with a reserve price. What does this mean?