No. Both professional sellers and private sellers can sell items via the Catawiki platform. In general, if you sell goods or services in connection with your trade or business you are required to register for VAT purposes. Some countries apply exemptions or relief for small entrepreneurs. Please check with your tax advisor which rules apply to you. Sellers are always responsible for their own tax and legal position. If you do not have a valid VAT identification number but wish to register as a professional seller, we will ask you to provide alternative proof that you use Catawiki to sell lots in connection with your trade or business.
Articles in this section
- Receipt vs. invoice
- Why am I charged VAT if I am not a professional seller?
- Do I need a VAT registration number to sell items via the Catawiki platform?
- What are the auction fees for professional sellers?
- What are the commission fees for sellers?
- Do I still need to pay the (auction) fees if my lot did not reach its reserve price?
- I don't live in the Netherlands. Can you send me an invoice without VAT?