Catawiki started out in 2008 as a community for collectors. The founders wanted to create the most extensive online catalogue of collectibles in the world. In doing so, they attempted to play into an increasing demand, as most catalogues had been on paper up until then. Their goal was to engage collectors into managing the catalogue, which proved to be a big success: within two years, the website had thousands of registered users! Catawiki started hosting online auctions in 2011. The site now hosts millions of visitors worldwide already and is growing rapidly in popularity.
Articles in this section
- Is Catawiki free?
- What makes buying through Catawiki safe and secure?
- Who are our in-house experts?
- What is Catawiki?
- What does ‘Catawiki’ mean?
- When was Catawiki founded?
- What makes Catawiki unique?
- Who offers up the lots?
- What is Catawiki's collector's portal?
- What are the auction fees?